Thursday 10 January 2013

Vinnie Caruana - Announces Details of Debut Solo EP ‘City By The Sea’ Out 4th February on Xtra Mile Recordings

Vinnie Caruana, frontman of punk icons I Am The Avalanche and seminal post-hardcore band The Movielife, has announced details today about his upcoming debut solo release, ‘City By The Sea’, out 4th February 2013 on Xtra Mile Recordings.  Caruana will be touring the US in support of ‘City By The Sea’ (produced by Steve Choi from RX Bandits) throughout February on the Acoustic Basement Tour, along with Geoff Rickley (Thursday), A Loss For Words, Koji and Brian Marquis.

Vinnie Caruana(Hi-Res)

Speaking from the boardwalk in Long Beach, NY, Caruana shared the inspiration for his solo debut: "The city was hit hard by Sandy and is doing its best to bounce back. It's an incredible place to live and the people are proud to call it home. I moved here 3 years ago and intend to remain here as long as I can. I live very close to the ocean and it continues to be a huge inspiration to me and my music. I was very lucky compared to the thousands whose homes and lives were drastically affected by the storm and I won't ever  take that for granted. The boardwalk will be torn down and rebuilt very soon. It's all part of the healing process."

Speaking of ‘City By The Sea’, Caruana says "I really felt like I owed this to myself and to all the people who have supported my music for so long. I won't let either of us down."

The download of ‘City By The Sea’ EP is available for pre-order here in the UK and Europe. http://bit.ly/VQoVBp & a CD of the EP will be available in April 2013.

See Vinnie live in 2013:
17th January The Macbeth, London
18th January The Shipping Forcast, Liverpool
20th April Hit The Deck Festival, Bristol
21st April Hit The Deck Festival, Nottingham
22nd April Cluny Newcastle
23rd April Brudnell Leeds
24th April Sacred Trinity Manchester


For more information please contact info@presscounselpr.com / 0207 792 9400